Welcome Lovelies!

I've faced many adversities in my life, and through it all I've been blessed with the strength and grace to endure.
I have been diagnosed with depression and also have lived my life with COD (Compulsive Overeating Disorder).
My faith in God coupled with supportive and loving family and friends have impacted my life greatly.
I seek to help others who may be struggling as well by sharing my story and my everyday life.


Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hand over the Pumpkin Bread and No on has to get hurt!

I seriously love Pumpkin Everything!

I have Pumpkin chili simmering in the crockpot right now. I know it sounds weird, but the way I make it, it’s a concoction of sweet, spicy, rich yumminess. AND I’ve also just pulled out a batch of Pumpkin Cranberry muffins. Needless to say, my apartment smells AFREAKINMAZING right now!

I love fall. I love everything about fall. I love the sounds, I love the colors, I love the smells. I don’t really know why, but I do. If you think about it, it’s a depressing season. Things are dying, it gets rainy and gloomy, and in this neck of the woods, it gets cold. But damn if it doesn’t make me giddy as all hell!

I like corn mazes, pumpkin patches, hot apple cider with donut holes after said corn maze and/or pumpkin patch, full harvest moons, football (Go Pack!), Fireplaces or bonfires, pumpkin ale, coming in from a good run or walk just a tad chilly and snuggling up in warm soft clothes to get warm.
Everything that comes with fall, I adore.

But of course, this is also the worst time of year for potential binges, too. Because I love fall foods so much, it’s hard not to want to eat them. I already iterated the many things pumpkin, but comfort foods play a big part, too. This is also the best time of year for nice thick ales. And OH! One of my new favorite treats: Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Ice Cream (!!!!) with marshmallow fluff and graham cracker pieces.

I’m really a bit worried about myself. I haven’t done any weighing since, um…June? or somewhere around there. And I don’t want to. I’m not going down that path again. I’m going by how my clothes fit and how I feel. And lately I’ve been overindulging. I can feel it!

So I started logging my food again. I want to take a look at what I’m eating, when, and why to see if I can prevent some binges and depression.

I also started a new strenthtraining program: http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/female-20to39-fat-loss/training#plan

This thing is kicking my butt! Literally! I did Day 4 yesterday and I am so sore I can barely walk today. But I’m going to do this for 8 weeks and track the weight that I use for the Strength Training exercises and that’s how I’m going to gauge my success. I want to really get into a routine before the snow starts to fall. That way I can rely on some of that routine to get my butt out of bed in the morning and over to the gym!
Oh! Another incentive for making sure I go workout. I got selected to help pilot a new program at work! If I go to the gym 10 times each month for October, November, and December each, my employer will reimburse my monthly gym membership fee. Is that awesome?

No comments:

Post a Comment