Welcome Lovelies!

I've faced many adversities in my life, and through it all I've been blessed with the strength and grace to endure.
I have been diagnosed with depression and also have lived my life with COD (Compulsive Overeating Disorder).
My faith in God coupled with supportive and loving family and friends have impacted my life greatly.
I seek to help others who may be struggling as well by sharing my story and my everyday life.


Monday, October 10, 2011

Why I miss 'me'...

Today was, in a word, refreshing. Nothing big happened, nothing that is out of the norm for a Monday.

Except, for whatever reason, I have the energy of the 'me' I missed. This is the 'me' that gets up early and gets a good workout in, who has her lunch packed and ready to go, who gets to work BEFORE 8am, and who is focused and productive all day.

When depression hits, that 'me' goes away. I can barely get out of bed, can't focus, and am continuously late. I come home from work listless and tired, and do nothing all night other than lay on the couch.

I don't know if it's the Vitamin D supplements or what. It shouldn't be that the new medication is affecting me just yet, as it takes 2 weeks to reach therapeutic levels.Or it could just be an upswing that is naturally trying to balance out the low I was in all last week.

Whatever the reason, the old 'me' reappeared today. And it felt lovely. It felt great to smile, to focus on a task, to spend an actual 8 hours doing actual work, instead of zoning out like I have been. I feel so accomplished today! I tackled a project that is a level above me, but that I was given because of my 'go getter' attitude. I re-vamped my test case to be more streamlined and comprehensive, and I'm really proud of that! It was a LOT of tedious work in Excel, and after awhile your eyes can go batty from staring at spreadsheets for too long.

This is the real Christine. And dang if I didn't miss her!

No comments:

Post a Comment